How Do I Qualify for Downpayment Assistance for First Time Home Buyers in Seminole County, FL?
As of 2015, to qualify for Seminole County, Florida’s Downpayment Assistance Program for First Time Home Buyers, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You must qualify for a first mortgage through a certified Seminole County Lender
- You must have a minimum credit score of 640
- You must have a purchase contract on a home located in Seminole County which is either owner occupied or vacant
- You must be a legal resident of the United States
- Your income cannot exceed Seminole County program limits
- You cannot have owned a home in last 3 years
What Properties are Eligible for Seminole County, FL Downpayment Assistance?
- The maximum sale price, regardless of the property type, cannot exceed $162,000 for existing housing and $206,000 for new construction
- Single family homes are eligible
- Condominiums are eligible
- Modular homes are eligible
- Mobile homes are not eligible for downpayment assistance
What Conditions are Placed on Downpayment Assistance in Seminole County, FL?
- Assistance cannot exceed $50,000
- In Seminole County, Downpayment Assistance must be repaid if the property is, at any point, not occupied by the borrower during the affordability period, including if the property is sold, rented or refinanced