How Do I Qualify for Downpayment Assistance for First Time Home Buyers in Osceola County, FL?
As of 2018, to qualify for Osceola County, Florida’s Downpayment Assistance Program for First Time Home Buyers, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You must complete a 12-hour Homebuyer Education Class offered by Osceola County Extension Services, call (321) 697-3000 for dates and times
- You must have a minimum credit score of 640
- You must obtain a pre-approval letter from a participating Osceola County lender
- You must be a legal resident of the United States
- You must provide $1,000 of the purchase price
- Your income cannot exceed Osceola County program limits
- You cannot have owned a home in last 3 years
- You cannot have lost a home via bankruptcy or foreclosure within the last 3 years
What Properties are Eligible for Osceola County, FL Downpayment Assistance?
- The maximum sale price, regardless of the property type, cannot exceed $200,000
- Single family homes are eligible
- Townhomes are eligible
- Condominiums are eligible
- Mobile homes are not eligible for downpayment assistance
- The property cannot feature an in-ground pool
- The property must be located in Osceola County, but not within the City of Kissimmee (tax districts 200, 202 or 205)
What Conditions are Placed on Downpayment Assistance in Osceola County, FL?
- Assistance cannot exceed $30,000
- Home buyers must attend post-purchase home buyer counseling within 6 months of the home purchase
- Assistance may be applied to downpayment and closing costs